Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Random Wednesday - 8/20/08

Hi, everyone! DH and I have decided to have some fun. We're going to present a weekly random list of three things on our respective blogs. Visit DH for this week's list. Some of our items will overlap. Thanks to Cool Yiddishe Mama for the inspiration.

Subject of week: Three random places I've visited.

1. On our cross-country trip, we stopped at mall in West Des Moines, Iowa, which is basically the Beverly Hills of Iowa. The mall was huge, fancy, and it felt like we were at the Beverly Center in LA, except for one thing: Every person in the ENTIRE mall was blond and white. The most colorful it got was us.

2. I spent Shabbat in Neve Yaakov, Israel, from where one may CLOSELY observe Jordan right out the bedroom window. Right before I left to catch the bus to get there, my friend said, "Oh, don't worry if they throw rocks at the bus on your way up!"

3. On the spur of the moment, I went on a road trip from Boston, MA to New Haven, CT to help a friend find an apartment. What makes this interesting is it was literally a random road trip. My friend approached me and said, "Wanna go to New Haven?" and I said, "Sure!" and we got in the car and went!

2 comments:

cool yiddishe mama said...

1) I dressed up as a yeshivah bochur for Purim one year (and there's pictures as proof).

2) I broke into a dormitory in Israel on a teacher's trip when we all returned too late for the em bayit to let us in. People still talk about this years later.

3) I am the first person in my family to be published in a non-native language.

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Hmm. No posts since Wednesday... :-( Come back! Come back!! :-)