Monday, March 20, 2006

Got a few interviews

I have been a bit frustrated with the slow start to the job search process. Although there is a specific position that I would like, I don't have the "keyword" experience to get picked for interviews when I am one of many applying. And since I need to work, I may have to take a position that is not what I really want to do. I finally have a few interviews, though one is for a job I really don't see myself doing and the other is "in case something opens up in the future."

The most promising, though, is actually not from applying for a job but from a friend passing the resume to a business contact, who passed it to a specific person at another employment agency. So I do have to go through all the ridiculous agency tests again, but the person I spoke to actually has direct hire positions in mind for me.

If I am not employed by the end of the week, I may also try a job fair although I feel very awkward about approaching the recruiters.

So I am feeling less worried about being unemployed, but just frustrated that most likely I will not be progressing in a direction that I want to and instead will be doing the same thing yet again. But at least G-d willing we'll have health insurance and be able to pay our bills.

2 comments:

Orthonomics said...

Goodluck with your interviews! Hoping to hear good news soon. And don't worry if you don't land your ideal job. It is impossible to know where different experiences will lead and employment is normally "at will" so if a better opportunity comes along and grabs you up, you can take that when it comes.

JMRosenfeld said...

Best of luck from LA.